We must love one another or die.
— W. H. Auden
Let’s take a moment to sum up what you think constitutes relationship. I no longer use the term good relationship because, in my belief, either you are in relationship or you are not. If its not relationship, remember, it’s entanglement.
- Both people are totally committed to employing the relationship as the arena for self-knowledge.
- Both people are committed to being close.
- Both people are committed to their own individual development.
- Both people tell all the truth, all the time. Anything else is an entanglement. No exceptions.
- Both people take full responsibility for themselves. There are no victims and no villains.
- Conflicts are resolved in a win/win manner. No one has to lose in order for someone else to win.
- Both people consistently demonstrate that they choose having a good time over being right and making the other person wrong.
A CONSCIOUS LIVING PRACTICE FOR TODAY – APRIL 24
Say the following affirmation to yourself several times, taking the time to breathe deeply and slowly, and taking the time to feel the commitment deep in your body: I commit myself to the above ways of being in a relationship. I am willing to accept no less from myself or from my partner. I am willing to do whatever it takes to remove the obstacles I place in my own path and to clear a way toward conscious relationship.
Purchase “A Year of Living Consciously” by clicking the cover below: